Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Avocado & Quinoa Salad

Hi everyone. I want to share a recipe I discovered recently (although I have tweaked the original a bit for us vegetarians!) I would recommend this a side to some veggie burgers on the grill, serve over mixed greens or it makes a nice refreshing side to anything!!

Also remember I don't always keep track of time and sometimes "eye" amounts!!

AVOCADO & QUINOA SALAD
1 1/2 c quinoa
2 1/2 c organic veggie broth
cook these together until broth is absorbed and quinoa is soft. (maybe 10-15 minutes) Let cool.
2 Haas Avocados, diced
2 stalks org celery, diced
1 med or 1 cup org grape tomatoes, diced
1 lemon, juiced
salt and pepper to taste (I also like to add a touch of"spike")
Toss the veggies in the lemon juice then add to the quinoa. Season to taste. You can serve immed or store in the fridge until ready to serve.

Enjoy!!! Tricia

Stay tuned for some smoothie recipes-just in time for the warmer weather!!!

No comments: